Strawberry syrup is a sweet, fruity syrup made from pureed or drained strawberries and sugar.
It has a bright red color and a sweet, sour taste along with a strong fruity aroma.
Syrup is often used as a topping for desserts, such as ice cream, pancakes, and waffles, and as a flavor additive in beverages, such as smoothies, lemonade, and cocktails.
Strawberry syrup can also be used in baking recipes such as cakes, ice creams and sauces to add a burst of fruity flavor.
A simple recipe to make lemonade with strawberry syrup:
- 6 to 8 lemons, juiced (about 1 1/2 cups lemon juice)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 cup strawberry syrup
- Ice cubes
- Fresh strawberries and lemon wedges for garnish (optional)
- In a saucepan, mix the sugar and 1 cup of water. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a pitcher, combine the lemon juice, sugar syrup, and the remaining 3 cups of water. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the strawberry syrup until fully combined.
- Put the lemonade in the fridge until it cools down.
- Serve over ice cubes, garnished with fresh strawberries and lemon wedges if desired.
This refreshing lemonade with a hint of sweet strawberry flavor is perfect for a hot summer day. Enjoy!